Wednesday, September 28, 2005

Genting Trip (Part I)

Went for a short holiday over the midterm break weekend to Genting. My second time out of the country in a year! It was cold, but I didn't freeze. So cold that I could see my breath! How exhilarating... the last time I saw my breath come out of my mouth as vapour was nine years ago.

Since we departed on Mid-autumn's Day, we celebrated it the night before. Had my fill of mooncakes and oolong tea. Lit my lanterns too! In the past few years, I used to buy one paper lantern, a box of candles, light it up, switch off the kitchen lights and let it burn. Really no life, but well, that's the best I could get. So this year, celebrating it with my other family was quite enjoyable.



Picture 240: Celebrating Mid-Autumn's Festival. The grapes are there to provide some variety (and also cos that was the only thing my sister ate). On the top right, you see the yellowish thing? Durian snow skin mooncake. I love snow skin mooncakes, esp when it contains only the paste (no yolk, please!). It was DELICIOUS. Kindly contributed by the neighbour. At the bottom left, there's this plate of black things that look like shit, smell like shit, and - according to my brother - tastes like shit. I was too humji to try. Then again, why would you want to eat something that resembles shit in every way?!



Picture 241: My beloved sister, finally learns how to pose for pictures. We tell her, "Melody! Chak chak!" And she'll gamely pose. Though only when she feels like it. Don't you think this is just so damn cute?



Picture 242: The lanterns I lit.



Picture 243: The coach we were in. Got a pretty good driver, hardly any of the sudden jerks. And he got us to the foot of Genting in exactly six hours!



Picture 244: On the M'sian highway. There are more scenery pics, but I shan't bore you.



Picture 245: Leaving the cable car station. My first time in a cable car!



Picture 246: Stepmom and Melody. Another one of those pictures where Melody actually sat still long enough to get a nice picture. Check out her funky pants.



Picture 248: Ahh... How sweet.



Picture 249: Approaching the top of the hill. I tell people that it was damn cold and damn misty. Now I have pictorial evidence.



Picture 250: My brother and I. Please ignore the large pimple on my left cheek. Also, please ignore the really funny expression on my brother's face. He complained that I chopped off the top of his head, but well, this is what happens when you are taller than your sister.



Picture 251: See the mist behind me? It was THAT COLD. I felt like I was in a huge freezer, and I kept waiting for the wind to blow away the clouds.



Picture 252: Father and stepmom.



Picture 253: Another one of those brother-sister shots. At least he's smiling properly in this one.



Picture 254: See??? It's like walking among clouds.



Picture 255: Alright, that's enough for tonight. Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

tadaxp said...

ya! my children were both so excited when they see "smoke" coming out from their mouth! when we went abt 2 yrs back