Sunday, June 10, 2007

200

The 200th post on this blog! Because I so sporadically update, I have only written 200 posts in three years. This isn't my only outlet. (=

FINALLY the long week has ended. One more day of hard training, and then it's back to talks, and Tuas Naval Base, and ITE Simei. And Boon's coming back! And then it's reporting to my new school. Sigh, other people already know what they're gonna teach, but I don't! It's annoying cos I really want to know what I'll be teaching so that I can prepare. =\

Anyway, since I got nothing much to talk about, other than the fact that I realise I need to know kata 6 and 7 for grading, and I don't know 7 AT ALL... I'm screwed larh. Maybe I shouldn't take grading. )=

Here are some links:

1/ The Perils of Indifference, by Elie Wiesel. You know, the guy who survived Auschwitz and wrote a lot of books about his experience. Actually, I was looking for the speech only for the part about indifference. I quote, "Of course, indifference can be tempting -- more than that, seductive. It is so much easier to look away from victims. It is so much easier to avoid such rude interruptions to our work, our dreams, our hopes. It is, after all, awkward, troublesome, to be involved in another person's pain and despair."

2/ Stay hungry. Stay Foolish. Commencement speech by Steve Jobs in 2005. I remember liking it a lot. I still like it. The newspapers carried a brief mention of it, and I went to search for the full speech. It's quite good to read, really.

Okay I should be going to bed soon.

And congrats on your licence.

No comments: