Wednesday, May 30, 2007

do you feel better now?

I'm sleepy now. Bleah. It is, as Ju said, lunchtime, and I haven't had lunch yet. Woke up so early this morning, the earliest I've been up in three weeks! I went to bed at 1am, woke up at 4am with a start, then went back to sleep until 6.30am. So now I'm sleepy.

Had breakfast with my mother, then I went off for a drive down the expressway. There's nothing like aimless driving to take your mind of unpleasant things. I drove all the way till the exit before Tuas Checkpoint, then looped back to Toh Guan Road via the PIE to get my car washed. I gave up washing the car myself; I'm simply too lazy!!! I would do another round of aimless driving, but there are things to be done, like the laundry amongst other things.

I have too much time, and too little activities to fill up my day. I'm a sadist, I want to go back to school. I want to be lost in the routine, mind-aching, back-breaking lesson planning and marking. GIVE ME SOMETHING TO DO, ANYTHING TO DO. Bah. I don't want to go out, that is leisure. I need WORK. I have to satisfy myself with things like tuition to keep my brain working. I read newspapers until my mind's numb.

Some URLs for your reading pleasure:

1/ No place in local universities. I particularly like the comment by crunchy_cucumbers, which basically sums up what I thought as I read the article. But actually the daughter quite poor thing larh, being born in the Dragon Year, always a downside to everything.

2/ A Theory on ABC's Lost. Got this off cowboy caleb's RSS feed thing (whatever it's called, I'm not familiar with the geek speak). Pretty well thought out! And satisfies my Lost craving. Cannot wait for Season 4!

3/ The Gender Genie. Do you blog? You might like to test whether you sound male or female based on your entries. Quite cool. Got it off huckerby's blog a long time back.

4/ Zanshin. I quite like this article, because it isn't really about Kendo zanshin, but zanshin in general.

Aaaaaand that's all for today, because I'm sleepy and I think I should go nap. Oh, and here's a song that I've been addicted to (read: playing non-stop) for the last few days. This is the 'original' version though, the version usually played on radios is the acoustic version, which is much more pleasant sounding. Though I'm sure if you listen to the following version a few times, it'll grow on you.

1 comment:

boonleong said...

Will be back in Singapore in a week... sigh, can't wait...