Sunday, June 19, 2005

Sims2

Sigh. I know I've been playing too much Sims2 when:

i) I talk about them to anyone who listens.
ii) And get so excited about them that I start detailing each family.
iii) I get so involved in the minutiae of their lives that I start to live by their time.
iv) I think about couplings. Like when they grow up, which Sim they would marry. You know, like arranged marriages.
v) I worry about them dying on me before they get a chance to grow old.
vi) I wish they wouldn't grow old so that I can watch them live forever.
vii) I start making them have affairs, because that's what happens in the real world (most of the time).

Anyway, it gets slightly depressing when you find that your Sims are living better lives than you. There is this big arrow of Me guiding them to eat when they need food, go toilet before they wet themselves, direct them to improve their skills... I wish my life had such direction, man. I think I'm one of those people who can play Sims and never really get bored of them. I can always find new and creative ways to torture them, or make up new storylines for them, like, flirt with every single female within a five house radius.

I just realised how utterly obsessed I am with the game.

No comments: