Thursday, December 28, 2006

KL Trip Dec 2006

Went to KL for the first time the few days before the Christmas weekend. The journey up wasn't bad, they upgraded us for free to a nicer bus with nice big plush seats. Too bad I didn't get to sleep much cos I was chatting with Piggy Fren. When we reached KL, she started to play with my seat. Okay, see, our seats are controlled by pressing some buttons, so yes, she pressed my buttons. It got her so amused, I do not know why.

Our first destination after putting our stuff in our hotel was to go to KLCC. We took a taxi there. I don't know if taxi is the right word. But it was a nice big cab. Bear decided to try out his (brand-new) camera in the cab.


Pic 315: Bear and Chris. I really like this photo.



Pic 316: Piggy Fren and me. I think this was the only pic we took together in KL.



Pic 316: I think Bear was trying out the flash or something. Me and Snowflake. bear took a thousand and one photos of us, with the excuse that he's 'testing his camera'. I think he just wants to see my pretty face. *blush*


Then we reached our destination.


Pic 317: Petronas Twin Towers. I hope I got the name right.



Pic 318: A closer view.



Pic 319: Getting tired of all these shots yet?



Pic 320: A picture of us. I don't really understand why when people are tasked to take pictures for other people, they always assume we want a full body shot. And you know what, they NEVER ASK. The other day I was at Vivocity and someone asked me to help them take a picture. I asked them, "Full body? Half-body?" Turns out they only wanted half-body shot, so if I had been idiotic, I'd have taken pictures like these. Grrr. Okay rant over.



Pic 321: Another picture of us, missing the Bear (cos he was the one who took this pic) with the ACTUAL THING (huge-ass Christmas Tree) we wanted to take in the first place.



Pic 322: More scenery pics! This was taken from where we were sitting at Coffee Bean and Tea Leaf inside KLCC. Before that, I bought a book from Kinokuniya, Kamila Shamsie's Broken Verses.



Pic 323: And yes, we did sit there until it turned dark.


We took a cab back as well, and Chris had great fun bargaining with one of the cabbies. We got a cab back at a slightly cheaper price than when we went. Just for the kicks larh, yah?

We ate at some place which name escapes me already with not very good food. )= We didn't wander about much cos I think we were all tired. We ended up playing bridge till quite late, then went to bed. Piggy Fren and I slept even later, cos we were gossiping under the covers.

The next day, Midvalley! Took public transport for the first time in four months. Haha.


Pic 324: Piggy Fren and Chris in the train. Got fu qi xiang k. Don't play play.



Pic 325: I think this was at Midvalley. Chris was trying on a pink shirt in a shop, and the changing room has TRANSLUCENT DOORS. I won't want to change in a room like that.


We had a much nicer dinner that night, and was even cheaper larh. Then we went to a shopping complex near our hotel. Wandered around before returning to the hotel, then playing bridge again until 3.30am. Even though we agreed not to sleep, we all ended up sleeping except for Piggy Fren and Chris.


Pic 326: On the last day in the coach. I didn't sleep much the night before, so I just wanted to sleep. That's why I'm not smiling. Posted by Picasa




What I've learnt from the trip: I look good in every photo I was in. HAHAHAHAHHAHAHA. No, I'm just kidding. Whatever I learnt, it's between myself and the last few people I've talked to.

Next post, pictures of the NUSKK pre-Christmas party at Twinny's house.

No comments: