Sunday, December 14, 2008

workaholic.

KL was a good trip, a much needed break from work. Though, honestly speaking, work kept sneaking into my mind. In fact, by the time we were on our way back, work was already banging at doors in my head.

Hi, I am a workaholic. Nice to meet you!

I've learnt that once I completely relax myself, I'll end up falling sick. Case in point: had slight cold/flu thingie on the second day of the trip. =\ Went out with my beloved Wensy last night and this morning I couldn't even pull myself out of bed cos my throat hurt so badly and the room was spinning. How to drive when I can't even sit up in bed? So I ended up sleeping until 5.30pm.

All work and no play keeps me healthy.

I'm not sure how this will work out in the near future, considering how I'm going to hit a quarter of a century old next year. Bah! I still have many things I want to do before I can even consider finding someone and settling down before I'm 30. E.g. I want to do my Masters in Education. I've been calculating and making plans, and it's with some regret that I've decided to postpone my masters by a couple of years. I don't even know if I'm capable of it! But one can always hope.

Here are a couple of pictures I took on the trip:


Reliving our childhood days.


A shoe that I nearly bought. They didn't have my size. But oh, so pretty!


Nando's was one of the highlights of the trip, because it's something that Singapore doesn't have.

And it's gonna be back to the grind in exactly 2 weeks.




Pretty song that I found because I read part of the lyrics that someone posted:

Guster - Either Way
You were almost kind, you were almost true
Don't let me see that other side of you
You have learned in time that you must be cruel
I'll have to wait to get the best of you


Another nice song that I heard while blog-hopping:


Strangely though, my version of this song goes, "Four years later..." as opposed to this version's "Eight years later..." *shrugs*

Anyway, it's time for me to go to bed, again, even though I just crawled out of it seven hours ago.

1 comment:

kenwong37 said...

Nice to meet you too... Hahaha... Arn't we all alcoholics.. Opps... I mean the other one.. You know what I mean. Late nights up doing work does wonders to the things you write.. Its 2 plus am now and I'm doing my teacher record book thing to submit tmr... Oh.. I should say in a few hours time... haha..cheerio! You still Kendo? How I wished to go back to Kendo but can'tdue to heavy heavy family and wk commitments. Darn...I'm saying too mcuh... My brain is getting overly drunk with fatigue now... Cheerio again...