Monday, February 25, 2008

work

This is quite sad. I work all week, and then I sleep all weekend. And despite all my talk about going for training... Well, it's just talk.

1/ I need to cut down on the amount of time I spend in school. But it's so hard when you know that there are a thousand and one things to do (and a thousand and one questions to mark), and that you don't really want to bring them home.

2/ I need to get my ass back into training. But it's hard when all I want to do is to sleep in on Sundays cos my Saturdays are often spent in school. Which is linked to the first point about cutting down amount of time I spend in school. But if I don't go to school on Saturdays, I'd feel like I'm not doing much work! It is a vicious cycle, I tell you.

3/ I need to get out more and meet people other than my colleagues. I mean, I love my friends at school, but I need to meet more people! I'd like to meet new people also. But the opportunity doesn't seem to arise that often. And I don't seem to even meet up with people from my school days.

4/ I need to stop procrastinating about training. I even missed the visit by my first sensei cos I'm too damn lazy. )= Actually, it's also due to other reasons, which shall remain privy to only myself.

5/ I need to move away from the past.I need to stop drowning in my work to escape from reality. The reality is that I no longer know what to do on endless Saturdays, so I try to occupy myself with school so that I don't need to think about how free I am and how there's no one I can possibly go out with at the drop of a hat. The reality is that I miss you and I don't know how I can ever stop missing you whenever something triggers my memory. When I walk by your old block sometimes, I remember you. Which is why I hate to walk about my neighbourhood because there are some places I don't particularly like to go without recalling you. I hardly go to the National Library, not only because of the ERP charges and the insanely expensive parking fees, but because we went there often. I don't like to go to Marina Square cos we spent so much time there. You see, you are on my mind, and I don't want you to be there. So I kill myself with work so that I can forget about you.


I keep hearing this on the radio! I heard it three to four times on Saturday.

No comments: