Wednesday, January 12, 2005

Thirteen.

All well, term has started. Modules that I'm taking this sem:

EL1101E - The Nature of Language
EN2113 - Reading Film and Cultural Texts
MA2202 - Algebra I
MA3110 - Analysis
MA3215 - 3-Dimensional Differential Geometry

As you can see, I'm going to kill myself by taking another Calculus module (MA3215). As the lecturer said, "It is not easy." It's like taking Advanced Calculus I all over again, but worse. Also, Analysis is taught by a visiting prof with the very odd name of Lian Bong Hor. While looking for his transparency marker today, he said, "I shall use a different colour... if only I can find my damn pen." Also: "Why the hell do we want to study Real Number systems? Anybody?"

Why are all the level 3000 maths modules are being taught from a textbook? This is the first time I have to buy textbooks, because everything taught will be "following the textbook very closely". There's always the option of selling them off next sem. d=

No comments: